Elysium: The Elder War
Titles of the Legio Mortuum
The ranks of the Legion Mortuum are simple and orderly, ascending in military fashion. All members of the Wing wear clear insignia that mark their position, and all defer to superiors, as expected.
Praetor: A Kindred Praetor is the domain-wide commander of the Legio Mortuum, to whom all officers and infantry defer. He is responsible for the planning and execution of citywide strategy, in defense of the domain and policing of the law. The Praetor is the ultimate judge in the affairs of the Legio Mortuum, as well as the dispenser of summary justice in cases that do not merit the attention of the Senex. Technically, the Praetor of the Legio Mortuum is expected to liaise with the commanding Kindred of the Senex, ensuring that the policy of the two Wings is in perfect alignment. The Praetor wears a unique red-crested helm.
- Current Praetor: Junius (Ventrue).
Archon: The Inconnu title for Hound. Archons may be trained in tactical strategy, investigative techniques and practical criminal skills. It is said that Archons of the Inconnu are unparalleled in dedication, experience and tenacious resolve. Archons are Equestrians who operate in the shadows. They tend to be less focused on commanding and instructing the lower ranks, and more on carrying out clandestine missions for their masters.
- Current Archons: Ankou (Malkavian), Lucius Aelius Sejanus (Lasombra), Ulfila (Ventrue), Victrix (Gangrel).
Equestrian: Equestrian Kindred are high-Status soldiers and enforcers, taking on specialized roles within the Wing. They are the investigators and tacticians of the Legio Mortuum, the instructors and the interrogators. Vampires of the Equestrian rank wear a unique silver ring to indicate their position.
- Current Equestrians: Cassius (Nosferatu), Democritus (Ventrue), Hilderic (Ventrue), Severus (Ventrue), War-Crow, Helvidius Bassianus (Nosferatu).
Centurion: The Centurions are the officers of the Legio, commanding the units of Virgatores in battle. Centurions call the orders on the field of war, and they are responsible for assessment and promotion within the ranks of their units. Mirroring their mortal counterparts, Centurions wear a crested helmet turned to the side, perpendicular to those worn by the Virgatores. Each centurion commands one hundred soldiers, mostly recruits.
- Current Centurions: Aconia (Gangrel), Appius Claudius Corvus (Lasombra), Florus (Nosferatu), Loukios (Nosferatu), Lucius (Gangrel), Marcus (Toreador), Valeria (Gangrel).
Virgatore: "Rod-beaters," menacing and battle-scarred, they are formation fighters par excellence. There is a tradition among the Virgatores: if you do battle with one, you do battle with them all. Even when off-duty, all of the lower ranks of the Legion are expected to respond when one is drawn into a scuffle, if only to enforce the unified brotherhood of the Wing. Virgatores wear the distinctive black crested helmet of the Roman vampire infantry.
- Current Virgatores: Auxilius (Gangrel), Calvinus (Gangrel), Crispus (Ventrue), Curio (Gangrel), Fabius (Malkavian), Gelonus (Gangrel), Gervasius (Toreador), Laurentinus (Malkavian), Porcia (Gangrel), Protasius (Ventrue), Quintina (Gangrel), Sanga (Gangrel), Vinicius (Salubri).
Recruit: They are the rank and file, the soldiers who man the bulwarks of Necropolis. Recruits are ghouls and neonates.